Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Welcome

I am a teacher in Oregon.  For now I am a substitute teacher and as such I have plenty of time to read.  I believe that teachers should know what their students are reading so that they can relate to their students better, and also be able to converse about books to students.

I have read hundreds of young adult books, but after a while I tend to forget some of the details or combine plots of similar books in my head.  A few months ago I started writing book summaries/reviews so that I could quickly refresh my memory of a book.  Another thought is that I could put these summaries/reviews in a binder in my classroom (once I have one).  Then a friend suggested that I put the reviews online, so others could see and I could search them easily at a later point in time.  Also, others could also post their own thoughts and opinions about the books.  I want to make certain that people understand that what I'm writing is totally my opinion, and I welcome any additions or opinions that others might have.  

In an attempt to create some sort of order I went to my public library to find a good starting place.  After walking around a while I decided that I would just "start at the very beginning*" with "A" in the young adult section.  I am sticking with the plan, however I am also reading though my own young adult books, that are not in order by any means. 

* beginning of a song from The Sound of Music

No comments:

Post a Comment